Wednesday, March 23, 2016






So...you may be wondering about Vintage66...

Well, if you know me in the real world, you know that in a short time I will be definitely VINTAGE as in, I was born in '66....so do the math...yep - I'm going to be....50 - gulp!

The other day as I was speeding to my hairstylist for a last minute appointment to cover up the gray highlights that seem to be creeping into my world, I started thinking about my age, all tI have now lived through, the fashions, and the music that I consider "MINE" is now on stations labelled "Classic" and "Rewind" -(might as well say - OLD FUDDY-DUDDY). Just thinking about it has me running to find the jelly shoes and put on my WHAM cassette.  I don't really like the connotation of the word some are using to describe me and my impending age - Old !  I started searching for a descriptive word that is a bit easier on the ego... I found it. VINTAGE!

Vintage is all the rage - at least in my part of the globe. It is tres chic to have vintage furniture, jewelry, clothes, dishes, linens, books, and on and on.  You name it - if you can find in an antique store -- you can jazz it up and call it VINTAGE. Vintage is pretty, unique, charming....OLD is well....crusty, frumpy, broken, wrinkled and none of that sounds nearly as good as VINTAGE.

I guess I could have chosen CLASSIC. My husband would have liked that -- he likes CLASSIC cars.  but I am not sure he wants to refer to me as his CLASSIC wife.  He probably doesn't want to refer to me as his VINTAGE one either - but oh - well.... I prefer that over the "O" word!!

So, in less than two weeks I will try and celebrate the 1st anniversary of my 49th birthday... some might call me OLD -- but in my head and heart -- I know I am really just VINTAGE!!!

Thanks for stopping by -- I hope you will continue to come back and join me on this VINTAGE 66 ride!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment